Monday, April 6, 2009

Baby Miles | Northern VA Newborn Photographer

Baby Miles has arrived! He is such a sweet little peanut, weighing in at just over 6 pounds at 7 days old! It was so great to meet the little man. We did Gloria's maternity session back in January, and it is always fun for me to meet the baby. I had some (kind of) crazy ideas for him, so I have to say a BIG thank you to Gloria and Mike for being such good sports with their precious first born!

Getting ready for his session--bright eyed and ready to go!
Photobucket
Here are some of my favorite 'scrunched up' images.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Ok, so here is where my ideas came in....as a photographer, I routinely look at other photographer's web sites and blogs. One of the trends I noticed was of putting babies in things they would not normally be in--for instance, a bowl. The bowl seemed to be so common, that I started referring to it as the 'baby in the bowl' shot that was starting to pop up everywhere. So, in conversations with other fellow photographers, we started to think about what else could be done with the bowl. I thought it looked like salad, and a friend suggested that should be my take on the 'baby in the bowl' shot--baby salad! I loved this idea, though I knew it was not for everyone. But, thankfully, Gloria, Mike and I all share a similar sense of humor :) So, here is the typical type of bowl shot I was seeing a lot of:
Photobucket
And here is my take on it:
Photobucket
Photobucket
It's been interesting to me what people see in it. A lot of people have loved it, a few thought it was a little odd, and one friend even told me that if it was her baby, she would get it blown up huge and hang it in the house as art. It kind of makes me rethink putting babies in different things--maybe there is potential there.
So, baby as salad--the interpretations are endless--Keep them coming!

1 comment:

Susan Solo said...

Ahhh! That's so cute! If Anne Geddes can make baby gardens, why not make a baby salad? Makes sense to me! I mean, it doesn't make sense per se, but it's cute. :)