Wednesday, June 4, 2008

CSA Started Today!

Today was my first pick up for the CSA share that I purchased with my sister in law. CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture and it is a great way to support local & organic farming, not to mention you get fresh veggies, herbs and even some fruits, all produced locally. Basically, you buy into the farm which helps support them financially, and in return you get a weekly share of the crops. I have been on a big organic and all natural kick this past year, so I decided to try the CSA. The first box looks great! I got bok choy, salad greens, beets, kale, sugar snap peas and garlic scapes, which I had never even heard of, but am eager to try. The weather was not the greatest today--it was actually raining when we got there and heavy storms had come through the area just hours before--we got out and took a look at the goats and I snapped a few quick pics. I can't wait to go back next week when, hopefully, the weather will be better and we can explore more.

No comments: