Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Cans for Comments | Northern VA Wedding Photographer

I have lots of fabulous blog posts coming up, so I wanted to get this up first.

Last year, I started a holiday food drive after hearing about the food bank shortages across the county. Several food banks were being forced to close their doors at a time when there was more of a demand than ever for their services. During my holiday sessions, I asked clients to bring in food donations and I offered them a product credit in return for doing so.

Halfway into my own food drive, I read about Cans for Comments. The idea came from photographers Chris + Lynn, and the concept was simple: photographers around the country pledged to donate 1 food item for every comment on their blog during a specified time period. I signed up to be a part of it and ended up donating over 40 pounds of food to Loudoun Interfaith Relief, the largest food bank in the area.

I am participating again this year so help me out in my quest to donate over 100 pounds of food this year!

For every comment left on the blog from today through December 20, I will donate an item of food towards my holiday food drive. I'll give periodic updates to tell you all how I am doing--so, stop reading, start commenting!

If you are a photographer or blogger who wants to participate, go to the Cans for Comments website. You can also follow them on Twitter: @cansforcomments

8 comments:

ohana photographers said...

awesome cause!!! we're on the can wagon too! let's all make a difference this christmas!

stephanie said...

What an awesome thing to do. I hope you get lots of comments. Happy blogging!

Stephanie H said...

Here's a comment for your Cans for Comments. Your pics are beautiful. I love looking at them and have referred a few people to your fbook page. :) Have a wonderful holiday Amie!

jessie said...

You have a beautiful blog! I'm glad you're participating in Cans for Comments. :)

Sara @ Bella Notte said...

Love Cans for Comments, Amie - so glad you're taking part! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

Making a difference 1 comment at a time. Yay!!

MerryPhotoProps said...

another can for you! yah!

Amber Hughes said...

So glad to see so many people involved this year! Add a can for me! :)