Monday, August 17, 2009

Love Affair Atanta!

As photographers, we are constantly bombarded by other photographers trying to get us to go to their workshops, buy their actions, templates, etc. It gets really tiresome after awhile, as it seems most of these people have nothing really new to say and are just looking to make a buck. I had always shied away from workshops for this very reason, but earlier this year, I started contemplating going to Love Affair. It is a workshop only for women, and taught by women. My interest was piqued. It was going to be held at the W in Midtown Atlanta--hmm, I had always wanted to go to Hotlanta, and the W's are some of my very fave hotels. We would be taught by 4 of the leading women photographers around today and could pick and and choose what classes we would attend based on what we needed to learn. Sold!
I have to say, I am SO GLAD I went. I met some amazing new friends, and I loved each of the instuctors. Kelly Moore, Lauren Clark, Davina Fear and Millie Holloman gave us knowledge and access to them like I had never expected. They answered any question we had, even things that were not covered in classes. I really appreciated this, as I have never felt like I could really ask anything in a workshop before. We also covered topics such as balance, fostering your creativity, and business strategies that allow you to lead a fuller life--honestly, I had never heard photographers talk about this at any workshop or class that I had ever been to. And this is what I think makes Love Affair so different--it focused on helping us not only be better photographers, but also, how to be better people--better wives, mothers, sisters, and friends. It was really great, and I want to thank the instuctors and all the attendees for a great week in Atlanta! I had a blast!
The lobby lights against the backdrop of the ever changing light show. The lobby felt more like a club than a hotel.
Photobucket
One of the faux skylights in the lounge.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Me on the yin yang chairs. I would love some of these for my house!
Photobucket
My new friend Christina!
Photobucket
Photobucket
This was the setting for our farewell party. Joy Thigpen did the decor the whole week and it was simply fabulous. It really set the mood for the whole workshop--Joy is genius.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
They gave us Jam--how cute is that?
Photobucket
our fab bartender who made us his special drink "Seduction." Mmmmm....
Photobucket
A crazy dance par-tay broke out after dinner. Adam Lambert of American Idol fame was just a few feet from us here. Sadly, he would not join our dance party and snuck away to the hidden lounge.
Photobucket
Me and Davina.
Photobucket
Me with Claire and Christina, other LA attendees, and then Brandi, Kelly, Millie and Lauren.
Photobucket
I'll be posting a few pics from our model shoot soon!

No comments: