Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Cristina + Marc: The Rehearsal Dinner | Washington DC Wedding Photographer

I had been looking forward to Cristina and Marc's wedding since I met them earlier this year. I met them through her sister, Pilar, who I had designed wedding albums for a few years earlier. Pilar had a family friend shoot her wedding and came to me for her albums--just looking at her images made me jealous that I didn't get to shoot it! She had many gorgeous details and great style throughout. I knew that the sisters were close, and I had a feeling that they may share the same asthetic, so I was super excited for Cristina and Marc's wedding weekend.
The festivities began with the rehearsal dinner at the wonderful Cafe Milano in Georgetown.
Photobucket
Weddings and Rehearsal Dinners in particular are all about family for me, and this one was no exception. This is Cristina and her Dad.
Photobucket
And her mom.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Marc's dad.
Photobucket
Cristina's mom and Marc's dad welcoming everyone.
Photobucket
Marc's mom.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Cristina and Marc had been maintaining a long distance relationship and were never in the area long enough to do an engagement session before the wedding. So, we snuck out and got a few shots then I took them home and edited a few, designed guest cards, and sent them to an overnight lab! I picked them up on the way to the wedding the next morning so all the guests would have the details on where to see the photos--whew, it was a whirlwind, but everyone loved them, which made it all worth it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Next up the wedding! Get excited, it is going to be epic!

No comments: