Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Romy + Bill: Married! | Northern VA Wedding Photographer

Romy and Bill were married at Wakefield Chapel, which I absolutely adore. Historic properties are some of my favorite places to shoot, as I am a sucker for all the architectural charm of yesteryear.
Romy and Bill had known each other since high school, but had lost touch then later reconnected. There was a lot of "it's about time" from all the guests at the wedding! We had a gorgeous day as you can see here.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The expressions in this shot are priceless.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Bill waiting for his bride to walk down the aisle.
Photobucket
The connection between Romy and her dad was so strong. I love these next few and the way he is looking at her.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Reception was held at Heart in Hand in Clifton, which couldn't really get more charming. The town just exudes cuteness. Right next to the restaurant are train tracks AND a caboose! I was seriously excited. See, I LOVE trains and the caboose is my favorite. I have many memories of sitting down at the tracks at the end of my grandmother's street in Detroit, picking up shiny pieces of coal that were shaken off the cargo trains. Then, when I first got into photography, the train tracks in Romeo, MI was one of my favorite locations to experiment shooting.
While we were doing the portraits, a train came by! Me + camera + cute couple + fast moving train=super happiness!! These ended up to be some of my favorites from the day.
Photobucket
Photobucket
And of course we did lots of photos on the tracks and caboose sans train.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Romy and Bill were kind enough to indulge me in a little night time photography.
Photobucket
The first dance.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Congratulations Romy and Bill! We had a great time at your wedding and wish you tons of happiness!
Photobucket
The vendors who helped make it happen:

Ceremony: Wakefield Chapel

Reception: Heart in Hand

Music: The Lace

2 comments:

Susan Solo said...

Such a cute little church! And a REALLY cute couple - gorgeous. Love your black and whites, especially that first dance shot. It's PERFECT.

Kristen Gardner said...

I love these! All the photos around the train tracks are especially fun. And I LOVE the portrait in the doorway of the church! Great job, Amie!