Thursday, October 16, 2008

Abbey & Scott: Married! (part one)

Abbey and Scott were married on a rainy afternoon at Lewinsville Presbyterian Church in McLean, followed by a reception at the fabulous Hyatt Regency in Reston. The weather didn't bother them a bit, and it even cleared up long enough for us to do some photos outside in between the wedding and reception. As I was editing these photos, I realized there are way too many to put into one blog post, so this is part one!
What can I say about Abbey and Scott? I met Abbey first, through another one of my brides. She told me all about Scott, how they had met in college and how he was still picking out the perfect ring for her (it was definitely worth the wait--her rock is literally blinding! More pics of it to come). I met Scott when we did their engagement photos and I liked him right away. They are so cute together--Scott is a former college football player and all around athlete, but he just seems to soften in Abbey's presence.
The wedding day was a lot of fun, and Kevin and I took so many photos--over 2k to be exact! Weeding out some favorites was no easy task, but here they are so far.
The dress and other details.



All of Abbey's bridesmaids signed the bottom of her shoes for good luck--as if the rain wasn't enough!
The beautiful flowers were done by Carole Garnett.



Evan was the pre-ceremony entertainment.
The kiss.
The new Mr and Mrs!


First dance.


See what I mean about him softening? I love how he is looking at her here.

The toasts. This is where we learned their celebrity couple name is "Scabby." (Get it? Scott+Abbey=Scabby)




Stay tuned for part two of this post...coming very soon!

1 comment:

susan solo said...

Really nice captures, Amie! It looks like everyone had such a great time. LOL re: Scabby. :)