Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Ashley & Lynn: Married! | Northern VA Wedding Photographer

Ashley and Lynn were married at the adorable Hunter House in Nottoway Park in Vienna. Hunter House is one of the historic properties owned by the Fairfax County Parks Authority and I always love to shoot at these locations. I have a thing for old houses and history in general, so I was excited about the Hunter House.
When I met Ashley, I loved her immediately--we have a lot in common and I thought she had great style. She is from the Midwest, as am I, and her now husband works in the same field as mine. She is also quite crafty, and has her degree in a creative field, but is currently working in a job similar to what I did when I first got out of college. I was so happy when she chose me to photograph her wedding, as I just knew I would love it. And, I did! It was an intimate affair, with just their families and close friends attending. This was my 2nd out of 3 weddings that had to be moved inside because of rain, but they totally made the best of it and rolled with the changes.
Here are some favorites from the day.
Photobucket
Ashley not only put together her own flowers, but she also made the adorable little bouquet wraps!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
She also made her hair decorations and her jewelry.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Some more of the personal details...she made the centerpieces, bouquets, guest book, wine markers, and the jewelry, designed the bird motif for the cookies, had wine shipped in from their hometown, sewed the programs and the napkins (which she plans on making into a quilt now!). Seriously, this girl needs her own show on HGTV!
Photobucket
A close up of the guest book she made using their engagement photos.
Photobucket
So pretty!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The indoor alternative for the ceremony.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Someone in the bridal party said something like oh no, you don't want us to jump. I actually hadn't thought of it, but since they mentioned it...
Photobucket
Loved the dresses and how they all coordinated.
Photobucket
I had gotten some cute umbrellas to use in case of rain. By the time we got to the portraits, the rain had cleared, but they were good sports and humored me with them anyway!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The house has gorgeous archways throughout.
Photobucket
Photobucket
I know this isn't really a wedding picture, but I just loved this tree.
Photobucket
The cake was great. This was my first time working with Stephanie the Baker, and I was super impressed! She also made the cookies that were in the favor boxes.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Congratulations Ashley and Lynn! I felt lucky to have been a part of your day and wish you many happy years together!
Photobucket
Venue: Hunter House

Caterer: Amphora

Cake and cookies: Stephanie the Baker

Pretty much everything else: The bride :)

6 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

Super cute Amie!!! What an adorable couple and it looks like they had one heck of a simple wedding, which is FABULOUS!
Great job.

Allison said...

Beautiful stuff Amie, love the details and formals of the couple. I saw a face in that tree!

Robbie said...

Amie, what great pictures! I am very impressed with them and you as the photographer. You made our day very special. Never once did you make any of us uncomfortable being photographed and you always got the good picture. If you ever need a reference just let us know. We will highly recommend you!
Also, thanks for the comments about Ashley, she is very special. And I am very lucky she has Lynn in her life.

...Robbie (Ashley's mom and now Lynn's mother-in-law!)

Ashley said...

When I look at everything I did in one collage I think how in the heck did I get all of that done in time for the wedding! I loved how the photos turned out. You did such an amazing job. Thanks again!

Kristen Gardner said...

Amie, these are beautiful! I love all of the details, and the umbrella shots are adorable! Wonderful job!!

Susan Solo said...

CUTE wedding! Love all of the DIY details - they look amazing, especially the bouquet wraps. Nice job capturing all of it, Amie!