Friday, February 6, 2009

Food Drive + Cans for Comments Results

I was finally able to make it to the Loudoun Interfaith Relief's offices to drop off my load of non-perishable food from the Holiday Food Drive and the Cans for Comments blog post. I planned on donating my food after the holidays, as donations usually drop off drastically at this time of year, so the food is needed even more. Also, I know it is already February (which I cannot believe--where does the time go?) but in all fairness, I did try to make my donation several times and they were closed do to the 'Winter Weather' we had the last week or so. As anyone who lives here knows, we shut down everything at the site of a few snowflakes!
I want to thank everyone who donated items to the food drive--between that, and the Cans for Comments, to which I donated 20 additional items, we came in at a whopping 48 pounds of food! Not bad for the first try! This year, we are going for 100!!
Here are a few shots of some of the items--there was a box I totally forgot about that didn't make it into the group photo!
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: