Friday, September 26, 2008

Drew and Kevin: Married!

Drew and Kevin were married at the Thomas Birkby House, which is one of my new favorite places for weddings. It is so charming and I love all the brick on the house and the surrounding buildings. Plus it has lots of great flowers, and it is right in downtown Leesburg, so we were able to get some really beautiful city shots.
Drew and Kevin are one of those couples that I felt a connection with right away. I was super excited about the wedding since I had been to events at the Birkby House before, but never photographed a wedding there.
Getting ready began in the house where there are separate areas for the bridal party and groom. Drew modeling her dress for her mom (who is on the other side of the door frame).




The best man trying REALLY hard with the boutonniere. I ended up pinning it :)



Waiting for the ceremony to begin.
I loved these little cones of flowers. After the ceremony, they were hung from the trees.





One of the shots that we did on the street.



Did I mention Drew is a bit of a goof ball?
Loved this little potting shed. This series has some of my favorites from the whole night.

Drew and Kevin's dramatic entrance into the reception.
Father-Daughter dance.
Drew and Kevin's first dance.

What started out as kind of a quiet wedding ended up with guests hanging from the trees and a mini mosh pit!

Congratulations Drew and Kevin! Here's to many years of happiness and laughter!