Thursday, December 24, 2009

WPJA Q3 Winner!!

This year, I was so excited when I was accepted into the Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA). To explain the organization, here is a quote from their website:
The Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA) is a professional organization composed of photojournalists and wedding photographers from around the world. What sets our members apart in the industry is their candid, documentary approach – a distinctly artistic vision toward wedding photography.

The application process is lengthy and consists of an application and website review. Part of being a member means you are eligible to participate in the quarterly contests, which are judged by some of the leading photojournalists in the world. I'm thrilled to announce that I won 10th place in the "Getting Ready" category in the Q3 contest! I placed with this image from Marina and Chris's wedding at Belmont Country Club. Here is a screen shot of the winning entry from the WPJA website.


If winning wasn't enough, my image was also chosen to be one of the rotating images on the WPJA homepage! I really can't say how honored I feel by this. I truly admire all the members of the WPJA--it is one of the most talented pool of photographers I have ever seen. So, to be featured on the homepage is just so great.
You can check out the other winning entries on the WPJA homepage.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Congrats, Amie!! That's awesome.

Unknown said...

It really is an excellent image. Well-deserved. Congrats!